Powder Coated Aluminium Provides an Excellent Blend of Characteristics for Outdoor Luminaires
Hunza Powder Coated Aluminium luminaires are machined from very high grade, solid and hollow bar stock, with heavy-duty wall thickness (typically 10mm or 3/8″), and high resistance to deterioration.
At Hunza we only use low copper, machine-grade aluminium in the manufacture of our luminaires, which provides excellent adherence to the baked, powder coat finish.
Powder coated aluminium provides an excellent blend of characteristics for outdoor luminaires, offering good strength and durability, a wide range of colours, superior heat dissipation, high resistance to UV and cost effectiveness.
Hunza Powder Coated Aluminium Luminaires Are Designed to Last Longer Than a Standard Aluminium Fixture For The Following Reasons:
- Machined construction provides heavier duty walls, which do not bend or dent easily.
- Machine-grade aluminium is a purer alloy, ensuring better paint adhesion
- All aluminium components are given an initial Chromate coating, which improves corrosion resistance.
- The finish is sprayed on and then baked for a more durable finish
- Only the best Dulux (duluxpowdercoatings.co.nz) polyester powder coatings with high resistance to UV are used.
- Our applicator staff are fully approved and ISO certified by Dulux (the paint manufacturer)
Hunza powder coated aluminium luminaires are supplied with a special high-temperature grease on the trim threads to ensure easy disassembly for re-lamping the fixtures.
Aluminium luminaires are covered by a 5 year warranty.